As a non-profit sanctuary, we rely on the help of our dedicated supporters! Providing for the daily needs of the animals in our care is not cheap. Your support can help us to fulfill our mission and continue providing quality care and enrichment for all of our wolves. The following items are on our current wish list. With your help, we hope to see them through.
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
A great deal of time and effort is involved with the daily operations of the sanctuary. Some of our current projects and needs are listed below. If you would like to donate a product or fund a project, please contact us for more information. Scroll down for other ways that you can help the wolves as well!
- Raw Meat! We accept meat donations as long as they are uncooked and unseasoned. We accept most types of meat and fish, although we do not accept pork.
- New ponds, trees, and other natural territory home furnishings
- New fencing or fencing repairs
- Espree or similar (pet safe fly spray)
- Extra Large Dog Crates – for emergency transport
- Landscaping tools – Long and Short Handle Pitch Forks, Metal Bow Rakes
- Outdoor gloves – gardening gloves, wool-lined gloves, large insulated rubber gloves (snow blower gloves), cut-proof gloves for meat cutting
- Rubber aprons
- Scrub brushes
- Shovels – Snow shovels and metal shovels
- Large brooms for outdoor use
- Stainless steel cleaner
- Volunteer Center Supplies: Toilet Paper, Paper Towels, Ziplock bags, Trash bags, Hand soap, Dish soap, Hand sanitizer
- Electric aluminum coffee urn for tours
- Helping hands with tours, indoor work, and outdoor work. Check out more information on our Volunteer Program below.
- Meat grinder, meat saw, or bone grinder capable of processing large bones
- Front-end loader
- Dodge Ram pick-up truck
- Funding for On-site Veterinary Care Facility
- Electric Backup Generator
How you can help
Want to help us fulfill our goals? Here are some ways that you can help support the Wolves of Speedwell.
Help fund our efforts!
Donate. As a 501(c)(3) non-profit, we receive no federal, state, or grant funding of any kind, so we are incredibly grateful to all of our supporters for helping us to continue in our mission. Donations are tax-deductible and come with the added benefit of knowing you have helped better the lives of Speedwell’s wolves.
Our wolves require an average of 5 lbs of meat per wolf, per feeding! With over 40 wolves, that comes out to over 600 lbs of meat required… every week! Providing that much raw meat is not cheap, but you can help and lessen the burden. We accept raw (preferably frozen), uncooked meat; no seasonings and no pork please.
Some of their favorites are beef, chicken, salmon, and their absolute favorite: VENISON! We also accept all-beef raw hot dogs and hamburgers. Call or email to setup a time to drop off your meat donation, or bring it with you when you visit for a tour!
Adopt a Wolf or Become a Member
Our Adopt a Wolf and Membership programs are a great way to annually support the Wolves of Speedwell. To adopt a wolf, visit the Our Family page select the wolf you want to adopt then head to the Adopt a Wolf page or come for a tour and select the wolf of your choosing to. You will receive a photo of the wolf, a certificate of adoption, and a short bio of your adopted wolf. Wolf adoptions and memberships also make great gifts!
We rely on the hard work and dedication of our volunteers to help do the necessary daily work required to keep the sanctuary running smoothly. Volunteers are typically needed on Saturdays, Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays, and are especially appreciated on Special Event or Full Moon weekends.Learn more about our volunteer program!